1. MiniChess® Programme – ECD Chess Training
MiniChess® was founded and developed by child development expert Marisa van der Merwe in South Africa. The program is tailored for children aged 5 to 9 with the aim of nurturing and enhancing their early learning ability. MiniChess® is currently in more than 200 schools with over 55,000 students undertaking the award winning program in 11 countries in Africa two countries in Asia, the United States and the United Kingdom.
The program is endorsed by World Champion GM Garry Kasparov and through his Kasparov Chess Foundation we partner to improve the quality of chess and academics.
Minichess Kenya, Master Franchisee in Kenya and prides itself with highly trained and accreddited professional coaches to ably deliver the programme.
- Aimed at 5-8 year olds
- Learning through play
- Organised to Structured Lessons with detailed lesson Plans and Project books for the learners
- One lesson per week. 25 – 30 Lessons to complete a level
- Conducted by accredited MiniChess® Teachers
2. MasterChess – Scholastic Chess Training
Several studies have proven that Chess:
- Aimed at ages 7+ onward
- Based on the Kasparov Chess Foundation Curriculum Program – KCF’s curriculum program provides public, private, and home schoolers with instructional books to help them master the game. This is in use by more than 3,500 schools, in USA as well as in a number of foreign countries including Kenya
- Three Levels of instruction. Conducted as in-school, after school clubs and in holiday programs. Class size 10-25 students
- Teaches Chess as a sport. Research increasingly shows that chess can be used as an educational tool in the classroom
- News Item – Winka Academy Reaps rewards of Scholarly Chess – https://youtu.be/d0Uc7ekbo-I